Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now яёgїsтядтїои cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Solved ✔ Mini F56 - SAS Retrofit FlexRay problem
13-07-2026, 18:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-07-2026, 09:10 AM by loki954.)
Post: #1
Mini F56 - SAS Retrofit FlexRay problem
Hi everyone,
I'm currently retrofitting a SAS module into a 2019 MINI F56 LCI in order to enable ACC.

I bought a SAS ECU with the correct HWEL version that matches the TAL calculation in ё_5у5. I also made the wiring harness, including the FlexRay bridge connections at the BDC and the CAN connection to the KAFAS, exactly according to the wiring diagrams.

After completing the installation, it was time to bring everything online.

At first, the SAS module wasn't visible in ё_5у5, so I used Tool32 to open FlexRay Port 2. As soon as I did that, DSC and KAFAS faults appeared. After that, the SAS module became visible in ё_5у5 and I was able to code it successfully.
However, ACSM2 is still not visible in ё_5у5, even though i5тд detects all control units correctly and reports no communication faults (Only SAS communication error sometimes).

Although the SAS module is now visible and coded, I'm getting FlexRay bus errors (shown in the attached screenshots).

If I perform a FlexRay initialization in i5тд, the FlexRay ports are closed again, the SAS disappears from ё_5у5, and all FlexRay errors disappear.

Another interesting observation:

While FlexRay Port 2 is manually opened, if I unplug the SAS module, all FlexRay line errors disappear and only the "FlexRay not initialized" fault remains. As soon as I reconnect the SAS module, the FlexRay line errors immediately come back.

I've checked the wiring several times and even swapped the FlexRay wires. When swapped, the SAS module isn't detected at all, so I believe the wiring is correct.

At this point I'm running out of ideas. Is there anything else that needs to be wired, coded, or configured? Is there another Tool32 procedure that I'm missing? SAS ECU damaged?

Has anyone experienced something similar or can point me in the right direction?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               
13-07-2026, 18:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 13-07-2026, 18:11 PM by alexnaoumov.)
Post: #2
RE: Mini F56 - SAS Retrofit FlexRay problem
I had exactly the same problem with a MINI F60, also retrofitting SAS. I had to open all flexray ports for it to work, using the ZGW prg
13-07-2026, 18:53 PM,
Post: #3
RE: Mini F56 - SAS Retrofit FlexRay problem
(13-07-2026, 18:10 PM)alexnaoumov Wrote:  I had exactly the same problem with a MINI F60, also retrofitting SAS. I had to open all flexray ports for it to work, using the ZGW prg

I belive when I checked status of port all 0,1,2,3 ports was ein
Or there are more of them?
13-07-2026, 19:31 PM,
Post: #4
RE: Mini F56 - SAS Retrofit FlexRay problem
Try to reset flexray
Tool32
ZGW_01.prg
steuern_reset_learn_flexray==>F5

Successfully retrofit on BMW F30 335xi 248,302,3AG,430,5AG,5AS,6NS,8TH,IHKA3
13-07-2026, 19:35 PM,
Post: #5
RE: Mini F56 - SAS Retrofit FlexRay problem
(13-07-2026, 19:31 PM)Siki78 Wrote:  Try to reset flexray
Tool32
ZGW_01.prg
steuern_reset_learn_flexray==>F5

I tried It too
Nothing happens
13-07-2026, 19:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 13-07-2026, 19:37 PM by Siki78.)
Post: #6
RE: Mini F56 - SAS Retrofit FlexRay problem
I hope you make a loop on A258*8B pin 29=>21 and 30=>22

Successfully retrofit on BMW F30 335xi 248,302,3AG,430,5AG,5AS,6NS,8TH,IHKA3
13-07-2026, 19:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 13-07-2026, 20:37 PM by chuj123.)
Post: #7
RE: Mini F56 - SAS Retrofit FlexRay problem
(13-07-2026, 19:37 PM)Siki78 Wrote:  I hope you make a loop on A258*8B pin 29=>21 and 30=>22

Of course, in attachment you have wiring which I made

(13-07-2026, 18:10 PM)alexnaoumov Wrote:  I had exactly the same problem with a MINI F60, also retrofitting SAS. I had to open all flexray ports for it to work, using the ZGW prg

Did you have exactly same faults?
14-07-2026, 04:57 AM,
Post: #8
RE: Mini F56 - SAS Retrofit FlexRay problem
ёд5у to fїж this issue. you need to upgrade vcm.
14-07-2026, 10:07 AM,
Post: #9
RE: Mini F56 - SAS Retrofit FlexRay problem
(14-07-2026, 04:57 AM)maaii11 Wrote:  ёд5у to fїж this issue. you need to upgrade vcm.

What you mean as „upgrade” VCM? Update istep?
14-07-2026, 12:04 PM,
Post: #10
RE: Mini F56 - SAS Retrofit FlexRay problem
write current modules to VCM.

Reset flexray with tool32.
With ё5у5, on settings, tick option "update VCM after TAL Calculaion" then VO code one of this module on flexray.
After that, use i5тд to initialize flexray


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BMW F20 FEM ELV Problem eXslide89 1 100 08-10-2026, 19:55 PM
Last Post: Semi14
  Connect – All-in-One Remote Connection Tool for BMW/MINI Coding connecttools 31 3,460 08-10-2026, 11:46 AM
Last Post: connecttools
  F12 LCI LED Retrofit mcrussell 5 1,418 06-10-2026, 06:37 AM
Last Post: SANYA
  FEM replace reason: Comfort Access retrofit kubaskl 4 266 06-10-2026, 06:37 AM
Last Post: kklobo
0Scope Mini F56 BDC Replace remotely sasy90 4 178 04-10-2026, 09:42 AM
Last Post: sasy90
  2011 Mini cooper S FRM corrupted drhg 4 152 02-10-2026, 22:01 PM
Last Post: bm92
  BMW ZGW CANHaсker. ёд5у Access to BMW CAN, LIN, and FlexRay Buses BMW_Fun 4 762 02-10-2026, 11:06 AM
Last Post: BMW_Fun
  G30 LCI Headlights retrofit: High Beam Laser light locking active tcp443 20 8,702 01-10-2026, 18:41 PM
Last Post: Mygse
  G31 LCI 552 retrofit qbek90 2 203 01-10-2026, 08:17 AM
Last Post: qbek90
  Right angel eye turns off after 10 seconds after xenon retrofit Ryn079 4 206 27-09-2026, 05:51 AM
Last Post: Ryn079

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content