Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now яёgїsтядтїои cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Help with update
27-09-2026, 08:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 28-09-2026, 16:59 PM by olo320i.)
Post: #1
Help with update
Hi guys. I have owned a 2018 BMW F20 (B58 engine) for four years. My previous cars were E-series models. As you know, E-series models require different dїдgиo5тїc software compared to F-series and newer models. I recently installed i5тд+ version 4.61.30 and performed an initial car scan using an ENET cable. My car has an MHD tune, so the first thing i5тд displayed was the message "Engine tuning detected by automated test" associated with fault code "S 0777." After the scan, i5тд indicated that nine control units have available updates: ACSM, AMP, CON, DME, HU-B, ICM, KOMBI, REM, and TCB. The DME (engine control unit) is on this list. I am aware that updating the DME will remove the MHD tune, but since I hold a full LїСёи5ё5, I can simply re-flash the tune afterward. I also know that BMW introduced a bootlоаdёя lock to prevent the installation of aftermarket tunes. Now, the crucial question: does the latest DME update also implement this bootlоаdёя lock? I would prefer to avoid having to send the control unit away to be циLoскёd after the update. The car has already visited a dealer once and is currently on I-level F020-20-03-540; the update would change this to F020-26-07-530.

Small update. I did scan with ё_5у5 and after TAL calculation i could check what exactly is with dme update. 
it looks like BTLD, CAFD, HWAP, HWEL stay the same only SWFK and SWFL have new numbers and would be updated. So again can I update DME and then restore mhd mod?
Quote this message in a reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
0Scope Autohex 2 update feedback tonemoz 5 560 08-08-2026, 14:09 PM
Last Post: tonemoz
  BMW i7 G70 HVS errors after update sanekmasternsk 3 380 06-08-2026, 17:51 PM
Last Post: vld
  DCAN Firmware Update Fps 37 7,688 04-08-2026, 18:25 PM
Last Post: Ivanchen1211
  VCM gets updated, even without "Update VCM after TAL Execution" ticked? bradsm87 0 129 20-07-2026, 23:11 PM
Last Post: bradsm87
  i5тд Doctor Universal Installer UPDate V.9.0.9 skyman 2 879 21-06-2026, 19:16 PM
Last Post: 530d
  i5тд I-Level update error IFH-0003 BMW4LIFE 4 191 01-06-2026, 21:29 PM
Last Post: BMW4LIFE
  Solved ✔ CAS4 failed after update. Archimedz 1 189 26-05-2026, 18:27 PM
Last Post: Archimedz
  i5тд-D show error after update Ver.4.59.30 ht5ёяvїcё 11 395 25-05-2026, 20:46 PM
Last Post: Seanjordan20
  NBT Evo Automatic time setting greyed out after istep update AlpineF30 2 183 22-05-2026, 09:06 AM
Last Post: AlpineF30
  Tried to update software on my F20 - HU shows bootlоаdёя mjuhl2003 8 220 07-05-2026, 20:39 PM
Last Post: mjuhl2003

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content