Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

ISTA4 ENET Programming
18-10-2016, 16:38 PM,
RE: ISTA4 ENET Programming
Small update, nothing great, at the instant I click on the "execute measures plan", ISTA initiates a tcp triple handshake connection with the car successfully, then immediately initiates a (FIN,ACK) to disconnect the session , which I traced both using wireshark and ediabas... dont know why, but that explains the failure.
Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2016, 23:33 PM,
ISTA4 ENET Programming
(17-10-2016, 15:35 PM)aboulfad Wrote:  Hold on, I chose one coding conversion to disable tailgate (step 18), and ISTA decides it will do a complete car coding (step 27) ?!?! That is quite insanely stupid.. and if true, praise the lord that it failed!

I thought in your earlier post, you said to choose to do a simple conversion coding, which BTW does not require dependency calculation, that is an FDL coding operation... so ISTA shouldnt do a complete car coding...

Anyways, I will request a specific operation from @Winter to use his ICOM and compare logs...

(17-10-2016, 15:27 PM)Twoone Wrote:  ISTA is going to do all the steps in the measureplan. Nothing more Nothing less.

If you want to do only specific task we need expert mode like in ISTA-P witch i don't now if it exist at the moment.

But to be safe i think it's better to do ISTA measureplan in total unless you now al the dependencies.

Lots of the car conversions are VO coding using K words. Like SBR for the M-Performance Brakes or OENE for open tailgate after unlocking. It codes the whole car after doing a VO code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this post helped you in anyway please use the thanks and/or REP buttons down here.under Thanks!
20-10-2016, 00:30 AM,
(19-10-2016, 23:33 PM)cryptocar Wrote:  Lots of the car conversions are VO coding using K words. Like SBR for the M-Performance Brakes or OENE for open tailgate after unlocking. It codes the whole car after doing a VO code.

I know VO coding, with Esys we can VO code any single module, however I still fail to understand why ISTA conversion for a silly option like disabling the kick trunk feature adds a complete car coding to the measures plan, just plain weird... anyways my original goal was to find a single atomic operation that either codes or flashes one ECU with ISTA, as I try to progress with this challenge.

The "expert" mode seems to be set by the already existing config paramater"BMW.Rheingold.Programming.ExpertMode" but unclear how that is reflected in the awkward UI of ISTA programming...
20-10-2016, 21:28 PM,
(29-09-2016, 16:08 PM)aboulfad Wrote:  I set out few weeks ago on a personal quest to defy myself and learn as much as possible about ISTA, and specifically understand why ISTA programming bails out using ENET. With the generous help and pointers from @pshoey, multiple disciplines and zillion of logs/software applied and quite a bit of stubbornness, I finally got to a point where it shows some hope (see attached screenshots)!

I wanted to contribute something to this community as well to all those that like the convenience of using ISTA for programming too. So if someone who has experience with ISTA programming and want to give it a shot, let me know.

Latest Update: When selecting a random ECU (ASD) to re-encode (Vehicle modificaion, Coding only, Execute Measures), I get an "ABL-PRF-HSFZ_RESTART" error...
Good News: ISTA4/ENET calculates measures plans, displays the plans which I've compared results with Esys.

Other news:
- There are no more warnings/pop ups, see Post #8
- Prohibitions can be defeated by setting at your risk a newly discovered config pararm read post #18!

More details, links and resources in post #26.

(20-10-2016, 00:30 AM)aboulfad Wrote:  
(19-10-2016, 23:33 PM)cryptocar Wrote:  Lots of the car conversions are VO coding using K words. Like SBR for the M-Performance Brakes or OENE for open tailgate after unlocking. It codes the whole car after doing a VO code.

I know VO coding, with Esys we can VO code any single module, however I still fail to understand why ISTA conversion for a silly option like disabling the kick trunk feature adds a complete car coding to the measures plan, just plain weird... anyways my original goal was to find a single atomic operation that either codes or flashes one ECU with ISTA, as I try to progress with this challenge.

The "expert" mode seems to be set by the already existing config paramater"BMW.Rheingold.Programming.ExpertMode" but unclear how that is reflected in the awkward UI of ISTA programming...

I just remeber never being able to complete any single line item in the measures plan in the last version of ISTA coding, I'm sort of assuming its the same here, but would be really nice to be able to go line by line with the measures plan, like I do when execution fails and I have to manually complete the procedure.

If this post helped you in anyway please use the thanks and/or REP buttons down here.under Thanks!
20-10-2016, 22:15 PM,
(20-10-2016, 21:28 PM)cryptocar Wrote:  I just remeber never being able to complete any single line item in the measures plan in the last version of ISTA coding, I'm sort of assuming its the same here, but would be really nice to be able to go line by line with the measures plan, like I do when execution fails and I have to manually complete the procedure.
hmmm, if you look at my screenshot http://cartechnology.co.uk/attachment.php?aid=35878, I am able to highlight in green any row, however because of the unknown error that I have with ENET, I am unsure if if worked, if ISTA would have executed that single row, or the entire list on that screenshot...

Someone with an ICOM could confirm the behavior, and if the expert config parameter really allows the selection and execution of a single row item.
20-10-2016, 23:53 PM,
(20-10-2016, 22:15 PM)aboulfad Wrote:  
(20-10-2016, 21:28 PM)cryptocar Wrote:  I just remeber never being able to complete any single line item in the measures plan in the last version of ISTA coding, I'm sort of assuming its the same here, but would be really nice to be able to go line by line with the measures plan, like I do when execution fails and I have to manually complete the procedure.
hmmm, if you look at my screenshot http://cartechnology.co.uk/attachment.php?aid=35878, I am able to highlight in green any row, however because of the unknown error that I have with ENET, I am unsure if if worked, if ISTA would have executed that single row, or the entire list on that screenshot...

Someone with an ICOM could confirm the behavior, and if the expert config parameter really allows the selection and execution of a single row item.

Haven't tried with latest version yet, but in the previous ISTA 3.56.xx it would never execute a single line item it would always run the whole measures plan.
I've always used an ICOM. I can test this sometime tomorrow to confirm the behavior is the same as pre ISTA 4 releases.

[+] 2 users say Thank You to cryptocar for this post
11-11-2016, 21:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2016, 21:37 PM by volkangsm.)
Hi dear i'm big problem ista programming plan page error message ' A fault occurred in the calculation of the measures plan. The programming scopes are therefore not available.
Please contact technical Support. not calculate measure plan please help me...

ista version 4.01.20
12-11-2016, 20:35 PM,
(11-11-2016, 21:36 PM)volkangsm Wrote:  Hi dear i'm big problem ista programming plan page error message ' A fault occurred in the calculation of the measures plan. The programming scopes are therefore not available.
Please contact technical Support. not calculate measure plan please help me...

ista version 4.01.20
If you are using ICOM, you may probably want to post in another thread. The scope of this thread was to try to figure out if ISTA/ENET programming works, and to date it's a dead end.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW BMW Remote ENET B O S S 11 1,288 06-04-2024, 17:38 PM
Last Post: Jalami
  FEM Not working with ENET but works wtih DCAN armenh7 2 292 01-04-2024, 20:21 PM
Last Post: armenh7
ZSkoda Solved ✔ ISTA Standalone WLAN programming botho 4 397 21-03-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: botho
XZBMW F15 Programming Error mcrussell 7 459 20-03-2024, 05:38 AM
Last Post: SweetBMW
XZBMW BMW X6 E71 Programming Ryzen 5 277 16-03-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW problem with flashing CHAMP2 module (the programming dependencies are not correct) azwgh 17 856 11-02-2024, 19:39 PM
Last Post: azwgh
  ISTA AOS and enet cable Wojti77 6 1,287 24-01-2024, 04:28 AM
Last Post: vipsha
  AOS ISTA reinstall not working: no programming data tintoverano 2 359 07-01-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: DarkSide
XZBMW No wifi internet after connecting enet via cable. AlpinWeiss2k18 4 334 20-12-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: gfriedrichi
XZBMW ENET Connection Problems mikkaav 4 504 11-12-2023, 20:27 PM
Last Post: Node