Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

ISTA4 ENET Programming
15-10-2016, 12:32 PM,
RE: ISTA4 ENET Programming
(15-10-2016, 11:43 AM)winter Wrote:  For ISTA programming I did some times I felt some benefits were as followed:

1.Speed maybe only 1/3-1/2 of ISTA/P.
2.When WiFi pop-up,no need re-start ISTA,for ISTA/P must be

So I think for ISTA programming function improvement,all members need to fix its shortcoming like these:

1.programming by ENET cable
2.Active ISTA expert mode for selectable some modules for P,C like ISTA/P
3.Static IP,router,or DHCPSVR etc for IP assign for MOST by ENET cable

Let's do our best.thx
I am not sure if I understand fully, but I believe all three requirements are met with my work, however did NOT proceed with execute measures.
1. See post #1
2. Hmm can you describe more the expert mode?
3. See post #8.

I can write a guide and a link to my patched .dll for someone to try.
Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2016, 13:32 PM,
ISTA4 ENET Programming
I've just flash my f31 with ISTA-P 3.59.5 so i'm interested of course by testing but the next time smile
Send me links please
15-10-2016, 16:57 PM,
Folks, sorry but it seems there is another show stopper. I decided to choose to encode my ASD, and when I clicked on execute, i got the following pop ups. One is documented in ISTA/P release notes, the other needs more investigation... With all the progress made it seems maybe ISTA/ENET programming is just darn not possible. sad

Good news, the newly found config parameter works, I was able to proceed even I was on wifi, so maybe this can help some of you!
Code:
2016-10-15 12:29:47 INFO [T] ISTA: [1] SessionLogic.CheckVehicleProgramingProhibits - Programing prohibition was circumvented.
PS: HSFZ = High Speed Fahrzeug Zugang, High Speed Vehicle Access

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users say Thank You to aboulfad for this post
16-10-2016, 04:24 AM,
XZBMW  RE: ISTA4 ENET Programming
(15-10-2016, 12:32 PM)aboulfad Wrote:  
(15-10-2016, 11:43 AM)winter Wrote:  For ISTA programming I did some times I felt some benefits were as followed:

1.Speed maybe only 1/3-1/2 of ISTA/P.
2.When WiFi pop-up,no need re-start ISTA,for ISTA/P must be

So I think for ISTA programming function improvement,all members need to fix its shortcoming like these:

1.programming by ENET cable
2.Active ISTA expert mode for selectable some modules for P,C like ISTA/P
3.Static IP,router,or DHCPSVR etc for IP assign for MOST by ENET cable

Let's do our best.thx
I am not sure if I understand fully, but I believe all three requirements are met with my work, however did NOT proceed with execute measures.
1. See post #1
2. Hmm can you describe more the expert mode?
3. See post #8.

I can write a guide and a link to my patched .dll for someone to try.

@aboulfad:

1.for ENET cable:
I'm sure to check the selection for "ENET direct connection" in the VCI configurate for its diagnostic function,but for programming function,couldn't verify the VIN,manual enter VIN couldn't make a measure plan yet.so ISTA programming by ENET cable is our target.

2.Just like ISTA/P expert mode,can select any one or some of modules for programming.encoding you want.
16-10-2016, 08:48 AM,
(14-10-2016, 20:02 PM)Twoone Wrote:  
(14-10-2016, 19:56 PM)Breach Wrote:  
(14-10-2016, 19:26 PM)aboulfad Wrote:  @Breach, I am not concerned about bricking any ECUs, I just dont want to update my car's DME (no I dont have tunes)! its virtually impossible on my car series, especially using ISTA ! How do you know it fails for MOST-based ECUs over eth ??? hahaha, I guess you tried it ?

No, I just remember that that was a problem with INPA (ISTA/P) and ENET so I'd guess it may be an issue for ISTA+.
Maybee that problem can be soved with a router or virtual router just like with ICOM.

Hi Aboulfad,

You could try a very simple measurepan first by do a Coding Only option.

you always can change back. For example HiFi Alpine only change one setting in your CIC. (Stereo to HIFI ) output of amplifier of CIC is than lower and ready for speaker wiring to input on an external ampifier

@Twoone:

For your words"Maybee that problem can be soved with a router or virtual router just like with ICOM." I tried these but same problem for not communicating with car,then manually enter VIN,couldn't recognize the car and make a measure plan.
16-10-2016, 14:33 PM,
@winter, and others, here is the summary of my findings over the past few weeks, as posted above, now when I select one module ASD to re-encode I get the "Service program "ABL-PRF-HSFZ_RESTART" finished with result "ActionFailed"." No update on that error... i will write another post with a mini guide on what to change.

So far I am able to get the measures calculation to work, ISTA automatically recognizes car and runs vehicle test, then reads vehicle context.

Setup: Fxx BMW, Laptop (no windows security/firewall/AV), ISTA4, ENET connection (mine is wifi) and bunch of tools (wireshark, tcp/udp port viewer, ...)

Requirements:
1- ISTA, Latest now is here
1.a - ISTAGUI.exe.config
1.b - Patched RheingoldProgramming.ENET.dll, see attachment for .22 or .36
1.c - EDIABAS.ini
2 - DHCP server, soft based or a router.
3- Time smile

Resources: (See attached link.txt)
- EDIABAS docs/help
- Patched RheingoldProgramming.ENET.dll
- New improved zgw_search.exe (use to discover the ZGW IP)

Section 1: ISTA prep and config
1.a As known to all, the following config entries are needed and you need psdZ FULL:
Code:
<!-- Enable Programming -->
    <add key="BMW.Rheingold.Programming.ExpertMode" value="true" />
    <add key="BMW.Rheingold.Programming.Enabled" value="true" />
    <add key="BMW.Rheingold.Programming.PsdzDataPath" value="C:\Rheingold\PSdZ\data"/>
You put the psdzdata folder in PsdzDataPath or make a symbolic link. If ISTA for whatever reason doesnt like that path, RetrieveTargetSelectorsState.Handle() will throw an error in the log, and you will get the famous "could not calculate measures plan" ...

1.b The next error I debugged was "ConnectToBn2020VehicleState.Handle() - Failed!", that prevented the measures plan for working. That method calls GetHsfzDiagPort() that returns a port 50160, typically used by ICOM. Unsure why ISTA doesnt set the proper port 6801 for ENET as in Esys. So I proceeded and I patched the RheingoldProgramming.dll with port 6801, and low and behold the measures calculation worked but with two pop ups errors/warnings, see post #5.
Code:
INSTRUCTIONS:
- unzip the patched and save the .dll to C:\Rheingold\TesterGUI\bin\Release
- rename the original RheingoldProgramming.dll to RheingoldProgramming.Orig.dll
- rename RheingoldProgramming.ENET.dll to RheingoldProgramming.dll
Start ISTA, click on the "wrench" (mid top row) -> "Version", and check that the new version of RheingoldProgramming is "4.01.10.17499/1756 (.22/.36)" (I upped the version by 1)

So then I configured my DHCP, and then ISTA wouldnt run the vehicle test and aborts with an error. After many days of scratching my head, I solved it by modifying EDIABS.ini, read post #8.

1.c Ediabas.ini
VERY IMPORTANT to understand the "RemoteHost" usage in ediabas (see Instructions-EDIABAS-EthernetEN.docx). By default, it is set to "Autodetect", this does NOT mean DHCP, this means that the car will use APIPA to assign a local IPaddr.

So when you use DHCP/ENET (not with ICOM), EDIABAS will not be able to communicate with the car automatically using broadcast of the ident packet.

Code:
Instructions:
Make the two following modifications in C:\Rheingold\Ediabas\BIN\ediabas.ini
Interface        = ENET
;[XEthernet] section
RemoteHost       = IP addr assigned by DHCP (see below)

2. DHCP server
One reason that a DHCP server is required, is that during the measures plan, ISTA complained about lack of communication with HU and further investigation showed that it has to have an IP assigned in two specific subnets (192.168.11.0 bis 192.168.11.255 oder 172.19.0.0 bis 172.19.0.24) which was not possible with APIPA.

If you choose to use dhcpsrv from link above, run the wizard as you are connected to the car using APIPA, this way the DHCP assigned IPs are specific to that interface. One you know your ZGW IP (you can use my new zgw_search.exe above or any other method), enter it in EDIABAS.ini

To simplify things, I use DHCP addr reservation for ZGW, so i dont need to re-modify "RemoteHost" entry in ediabas.ini if it ever changes.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to switch back and forth between APIPA and DHCP assigned IPaddr, the car needs to sleep and power down completely, anywhere from 10-20mns depending on your BMW.

If you made it here, that's where I am right now, stuck with the "ABL-PRF-HSFZ_RESTART" error and no clue...

Attached Files
link.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 94 times
Size: 557 bytes

Reputation: +3 - hulahans [+1] , simonchs [+1] , liangyupei [+1]
[+] 8 users say Thank You to aboulfad for this post
16-10-2016, 18:24 PM,
(15-10-2016, 07:46 AM)Twoone Wrote:  No ISTA is going to do the complete measureplan thats written. (as far as i now, i never tried this actually)...
In the midst of debugging the latest issue, I was checking the generated fasta, and check step 27, the one before the error was thrown in step 28. Does that imply it was going to CODE the whole car, even though i selected the one entry in step 18 ???

The reason I ask, is I want to try more things, but if it works (which I doubt), I dont want to re-code all my ECUs !!!biggrin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users say Thank You to aboulfad for this post
17-10-2016, 15:27 PM,
(16-10-2016, 18:24 PM)aboulfad Wrote:  
(15-10-2016, 07:46 AM)Twoone Wrote:  No ISTA is going to do the complete measureplan thats written. (as far as i now, i never tried this actually)...
In the midst of debugging the latest issue, I was checking the generated fasta, and check step 27, the one before the error was thrown in step 28. Does that imply it was going to CODE the whole car, even though i selected the one entry in step 18 ???

The reason I ask, is I want to try more things, but if it works (which I doubt), I dont want to re-code all my ECUs !!!biggrin

ISTA is going to do all the steps in the measureplan. Nothing more Nothing less.

If you want to do only specific task we need expert mode like in ISTA-P witch i don't now if it exist at the moment.

But to be safe i think it's better to do ISTA measureplan in total unless you now al the dependencies.
17-10-2016, 15:35 PM,
Hold on, I chose one coding conversion to disable tailgate (step 18), and ISTA decides it will do a complete car coding (step 27) ?!?! That is quite insanely stupid.. and if true, praise the lord that it failed!

I thought in your earlier post, you said to choose to do a simple conversion coding, which BTW does not require dependency calculation, that is an FDL coding operation... so ISTA shouldnt do a complete car coding...

Anyways, I will request a specific operation from @Winter to use his ICOM and compare logs...

(17-10-2016, 15:27 PM)Twoone Wrote:  ISTA is going to do all the steps in the measureplan. Nothing more Nothing less.

If you want to do only specific task we need expert mode like in ISTA-P witch i don't now if it exist at the moment.

But to be safe i think it's better to do ISTA measureplan in total unless you now al the dependencies.
17-10-2016, 16:01 PM,
(17-10-2016, 15:35 PM)aboulfad Wrote:  Hold on, I chose one coding conversion to disable tailgate (step 18), and ISTA decides it will do a complete car coding (step 27) ?!?! That is quite insanely stupid.. and if true, praise the lord that it failed!

I thought in your earlier post, you said to choose to do a simple conversion coding, which BTW does not require dependency calculation, that is an FDL coding operation... so ISTA shouldnt do a complete car coding...

Anyways, I will request a specific operation from @Winter to use his ICOM and compare logs...

(17-10-2016, 15:27 PM)Twoone Wrote:  ISTA is going to do all the steps in the measureplan. Nothing more Nothing less.

In my earlier post i mentioned the alpine amplifier coding (coding only tab) witch i did without any other coding and i now it doesn't have independencies. I never did tailgate but for sure has more dependencies like for example PDC. But i can not explain wy with your car ISTA want to do a complete coding!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISTA 4.47 programming N/A Neon10 4 131 3 hours ago
Last Post: Neon10
XZBMW Motorrad esys coding using ENET and ICOMD cable bennymx 17 3,022 09-05-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Vojno
XZBMW BMW Remote ENET B O S S 11 1,391 06-04-2024, 17:38 PM
Last Post: Jalami
  FEM Not working with ENET but works wtih DCAN armenh7 2 322 01-04-2024, 20:21 PM
Last Post: armenh7
ZSkoda Solved ✔ ISTA Standalone WLAN programming botho 4 418 21-03-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: botho
XZBMW F15 Programming Error mcrussell 7 502 20-03-2024, 05:38 AM
Last Post: SweetBMW
XZBMW BMW X6 E71 Programming Ryzen 5 315 16-03-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW problem with flashing CHAMP2 module (the programming dependencies are not correct) azwgh 17 959 11-02-2024, 19:39 PM
Last Post: azwgh
  ISTA AOS and enet cable Wojti77 6 1,331 24-01-2024, 04:28 AM
Last Post: vipsha
  AOS ISTA reinstall not working: no programming data tintoverano 2 374 07-01-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: DarkSide