Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

2009 E61 530d retrofit electric seats with memory
10-02-2017, 10:59 AM,
XZBMW  2009 E61 530d retrofit electric seats with memory
Hello,
This website has been very to help me understand further the steps required for NCS Expert programming. Thanks for the contributions.
I have a question for the community.

I have 2009 E61 530d which had cloth semi-electric seats. A few months ago I managed to get hold of a set of what appear to be fully electric Sports Contour with memory seats with heated options. These came with the heated seat switches.

An Autoelectrician did a great job in wiring up the seats. The heated seats worked without any coding. When trying to programme the seats to the car, ISTA/P was taking many hours and we had to stop.

I have decided to have a go myself.
When using the BMW suite and the ICOM cable, INPA and ISTA/D recognised the new seat modules (SSFA and SSBF).
I am able to adjust the seats using INPA and ISTA/D but the seat switches are not being recognised.
I now wish to use NCS Expert to change the Vehicle Order to include the new seats.
From looking at VO code list, it seems that $457 is the code for "CONTOUR SEAT, FRONT, ELECTR WITH MEMORY".

Are there two scenarios here?

1. Use NCS Expert to add both SSFA and SSBF seat modules to the Vehicle Order? In which module should I add $457 ?

2. As the seat modules are programmed with the VIN from the previous car, should I rewrite these modules with the VIN from my car? If so, is this where I should be using WinKFP.

I shall be grateful if the community would advise.
I hope this situation also benefits other members of the forums.

Regards.
Imran
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2017, 14:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2017, 15:06 PM by Twoone.)
XZBMW  RE: 2009 E61 530d retrofit electric seats with memory
Check wiring diagram:

I did retrofit seats in E60 one time and i noticed that Switch clusters of seats are in some models not directly connected to the seat module.

The switch clusters are then connected with a K Line bus to the center control unit witch pas the commands further on the K CAN bus witch is connected to seat module.

Also seats have a hardwired link(Adress) for the commands to go to the correct seat

Coding was only necessary for seat occupation. because car old seat had SBE seat recognition sensor and new seats had OC3 seat recognition sensor.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Twoone for this post
10-02-2017, 15:55 PM,
RE: 2009 E61 530d retrofit electric seats with memory
Your electrician did not wire everything nedded...in addition to semielectric seat wires you need additional +12v, ground and kbus wire, also you need a additional ground wire to "code" passenger seat, otherwise both seats will move in the same time smile)
check wds, you have all thet you need there...
[+] 2 users say Thank You to zeronoo for this post
11-02-2017, 19:31 PM,
Thanks for your replies.
According the WDS, the auroelectrician did connect the +12v, kbus (to the seat switch module behind the the glovebox) and the additional ground wire that Zeronoo mentions.
He was talking about these connections at the time.
It's interesting that in INPA and ISTA/P, the seats can be adjusted in many directions, including headrests.
Would that not imply the wiring is connect?
Can the seat switch module be interrogated and enable communication with the switches?
I was looking at the VO in NCSExpert today and was thinking that the seat modules need to be added.
Thanks again for your advice.
11-02-2017, 20:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2017, 20:29 PM by SweetBMW.)
Seats should move without coding as well. But the fact that ista can move the seats does not mean everything is done correctlky. Because ISTA drives the seat directly from the SMFA (seat module driver) and the SMBF (passenger). But the normal way is:

Switch on seat ---> switch cluster centre console (SZM) ----> seat module.

But on the LCI models you also need an additional module, which is called PowerElectronics. This controls the power to the seats. Without that, seats wont work properly.

See mega link under

Attached Files
Seats.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 115 times
Size: 50 bytes

[+] 2 users say Thank You to SweetBMW for this post
11-02-2017, 23:15 PM,
I did a retrofit from sport seats to comfort seats in a e70 and i had the same problem. With inpa i can move the seats but with buttons nothing happen. I did search in wiring diagram and notice that the seat buttons need also power because they are not supplied from the seatmodule.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Mo@ for this post
12-02-2017, 22:23 PM,
That's interesting.
I'll look further into this and keep you informed.
Thank you for your advice.
14-02-2017, 12:30 PM,
(11-02-2017, 20:19 PM)SweetBMW Wrote:  Seats should move without coding as well. But the fact that ista can move the seats does not mean everything is done correctlky. Because ISTA drives the seat directly from the SMFA (seat module driver) and the SMBF (passenger). But the normal way is:

But on the LCI models you also need an additional module, which is called PowerElectronics. This controls the power to the seats. Without that, seats wont work properly.

See mega link under

Do I need to register with Mega to see the file or can I get a copy of the text file ?

(11-02-2017, 23:15 PM)Mo@ Wrote:  I did a retrofit from sport seats to comfort seats in a e70 and i had the same problem. With inpa i can move the seats but with buttons nothing happen. I did search in wiring diagram and notice that the seat buttons need also power because they are not supplied from the seatmodule.

In the WDS wiring diagram, I can see reference to :
Seats (5 series E60/E61)
Control Switch (seat)
Switch, driver's seat adjustment (SMFA Seat module, driver)

It looks as if on Connector X603, Pin 1 needs power and Pin 3 needs the K_BUS (LIN BUS on LCI model?).

I'll check the connectivity in the car.
14-02-2017, 18:49 PM,
(14-02-2017, 12:30 PM)IQURESHI Wrote:  
(11-02-2017, 20:19 PM)SweetBMW Wrote:  Seats should move without coding as well. But the fact that ista can move the seats does not mean everything is done correctlky. Because ISTA drives the seat directly from the SMFA (seat module driver) and the SMBF (passenger). But the normal way is:

See mega link under

Do I need to register with Mega to see the file or can I get a copy of the text file ?

(11-02-2017, 23:15 PM)Mo@ Wrote:  I did a retrofit from sport seats to comfort seats in a e70 and i had the same problem. With inpa i can move the seats but with buttons nothing happen. I did search in wiring diagram and notice that the seat buttons need also power because they are not supplied from the seatmodule.

Seats (5 series E60/E61)
Control Switch (seat)

It looks as if on Connector X603, Pin 1 needs power and Pin 3 needs the K_BUS (LIN BUS on LCI model?).

You don't need to register with Mega. Just click on the .txt file and follow the link and download the 3 PDFs.

On X603 (connector on switch on drivers seat)
Pin 1 Ground
Pin 2 connects to Fuse 74 in the fuse box so should have power
Pin 3 has the K-bus signal
Pin 4 connects to pin 43 on your light module.
15-02-2017, 08:50 AM,
(14-02-2017, 18:49 PM)BaggieMatt Wrote:  
(14-02-2017, 12:30 PM)IQURESHI Wrote:  

See mega link under

Seats (5 series E60/E61)
Control Switch (seat)

You don't need to register with Mega. Just click on the .txt file and follow the link and download the 3 PDFs.

On X603 (connector on switch on drivers seat)
Pin 1 Ground
Pin 2 connects to Fuse 74 in the fuse box so should have power
Pin 3 has the K-bus signal
Pin 4 connects to pin 43 on your light module.

What signal is the link to the Light module providing ?
The Mega link doesn't appear to show any PDF's - only the option to register.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bmw G31 retrofit Mgu id7 atm problem intranet 20 2,344 5 hours ago
Last Post: smilo
  Kafas issue aftrer ACC Retrofit It3_Magic 14 586 23-04-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: It3_Magic
  G82 rear tail lights CSL retrofit Sauron 10 781 20-04-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: SANYA
XZBMW BMW CIC PATCHER v2 - GENERATE YOUR OWN RETROFIT FSC CERTS intel123 891 466,209 20-04-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: fe7565
XZBMW Neck warmer retrofit Just2fast5 5 378 17-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Spirit5676
  ID4 evo to ID6 Evo full retrofit, ATM issues 03178A mitch32 1 180 15-04-2024, 17:52 PM
Last Post: mitch32
XZBMW BMW E84 Cruise control retrofit not workig Alyn546 4 219 12-04-2024, 14:23 PM
Last Post: DieStream
  F10 FLA retrofit beng2k 30 1,034 11-04-2024, 18:43 PM
Last Post: beng2k
XZBMW BMW f20 KOMBI2 retrofit bm92 15 509 10-04-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: bm92
  Car Systems / Custom Retrofit Garage ENBT Adapter Ulsmak 39 2,077 02-04-2024, 08:25 AM
Last Post: painsage