Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

BMW iRAP Session. Information
11-07-2018, 17:12 PM,
RE: BMW iRAP Session. Information
today i gave it a long test , it didn't work for me either , windows 10 with no bmw tools installed whatsoever , just teamviewer VPN and some ntsh in portproxy commands . never managed to connect to the bench setup with F10 ZGW and NBT on bench , I tried with enet and with icom . added the correct ports for each interface . tried with firewall on / off . antivirus on/off . same thing.

there must be something to do with windows 10 . tonight i will try to add some route command , might help forwarding the right packets to the right IP .
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2018, 17:34 PM,
XZBMW  RE: BMW iRAP Session. Information
Me too, I did a lot of tests, using methods from the previous posts, but no one did the job.
Now I want to try with windows 7, Hoping it works
11-07-2018, 17:40 PM,
I’m using Windows 10 Pro version 1803, both Windows Defender Anti-Virus and Firewall disabled via group policy, the netsh command run in Command Prompt with Admin privilege.

For testing purpose, after you run the netsh command on remote computer, try to run e-sys on remote computer, choose the interface Connection via gateway URL, tcp://127.0.0.1:6801

If the netsh portproxy command works, it should be able to connect. Then you should put all effort on troubleshoot teamviewer VPN; if it’s not able to connect, it’s time to troubleshoot the Windows 10 settings.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to simonchs for this post
11-07-2018, 17:57 PM,
(17-06-2018, 08:48 AM)Loliceman Wrote:  
(17-06-2018, 06:48 AM)SweetBMW Wrote:  Would you be able to give a quick tutorial on how esys nat works? I have tried a few things but never gotten to connect over the internet.

There is more virtual beer money in it for you

EsysNat is a great tool, but I have found it very buggy on especially windows 10 systems. Using it on a customer computer for remote session is about 50/50 from my experience.
It has frequent crashes and hangs.

I use another method, it's basically the same thing. Requires:
-a small peice off freeware exe. About 2mb size installed on the client computer. This software opens and forwards a specific port (6801) and broadcast it.
-Teamviewer installed, together with Teamviewer VPN drivers.
-Firewalls and other similar features turned of on the client system.

This allows me to connect through a remote customer ENET cable directly with MY local laptop ESYS/ISTA/Ediabas.ini (tool32, INPA etc)

Ip adress used to connect Esys will be like "Client-TEAMVIEWER-VPN-IP:6801"
Example "7.89.3.42.1:6801"

And you can even ping the connection through a "always open" cmd window throuout the session to make sure connection isn't lost.

The real beauty of this is that customer does not need 1 single BMW software installed what so ever, customer will not see ANYTHING that is going on. So he will just be able to see his own crappy laptop deskop biggrin

Shoot me a PM if you want to know more
Tried netsh way, that don t work for me, now i like to test the way you did it

What is the name of the tool you use for port forwarding ,i tried different ones and nothing works with win 10.
Don t you need cars ip before connecting?
12-07-2018, 08:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 09:32 AM by emhtuning.)
(11-07-2018, 17:40 PM)simonchs Wrote:  I’m using Windows 10 Pro version 1803, both Windows Defender Anti-Virus and Firewall disabled via group policy, the netsh command run in Command Prompt with Admin privilege.

For testing purpose, after you run the netsh command on remote computer, try to run e-sys on remote computer, choose the interface Connection via gateway URL, tcp://127.0.0.1:6801

If the netsh portproxy command works, it should be able to connect. Then you should put all effort on troubleshoot teamviewer VPN; if it’s not able to connect, it’s time to troubleshoot the Windows 10 settings.

I confirm netsh does its job as i tried your method. Esys easily connect to the port configured by netsh on the remote pc.

Something to do with windows settings , i monitored the packets activity on the remote pc while hitting connect in esys and i see a lot of packets sent and received before getting the esys error .

Even firewall and antivirus are disabled by group policy i guess still something still blocking the incoming traffic
12-07-2018, 12:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 13:14 PM by emhtuning.)
Update :

windows 7 64bit , both Enet and ICOM are working like a star .

same laptop has windows 10 as well , later will give windows 10 a try too , we need to narrow the troubleshooting to understand what's going on.

enjoyenjoyenjoyenjoyenjoyenjoyenjoy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users say Thank You to emhtuning for this post
12-07-2018, 17:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 18:00 PM by emhtuning.)
I believe I figured out where was the issue ( at least from my side ) , the same remote laptop which I was not working as remote PC ( windows 10 ) , today all I did is I installed Remote printing plugin in team viewer ,

I only disabled windows firewall from the firewall settings ( no Group policy needed ). then I am able to connect to the remote pc with Enet and Icom .

people who have problem should also try this method.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 4 users say Thank You to emhtuning for this post
13-07-2018, 00:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 13-07-2018, 00:17 AM by hulahans.)
Now netsh version works for me too.Thanks for helping
Is there a solution to get ip of the car via remote pc without installing zgwsearch.exe before?

Ista+ works too via neths,

in ista set to ediabas,
and in ediabas konfigurator
interface to enet
remote host VPN IP of remote PC (7.xx.xx.xxx)
Diagnostic Port 6801
Control Port 6811
So normal enet settings, only remote host ip must be changed
13-07-2018, 05:32 AM,
(13-07-2018, 00:04 AM)hulahans Wrote:  Now netsh version works for me too.Thanks for helping
Is there a solution to get ip of the car via remote pc without installing zgwsearch.exe before?

Ista+ works too via neths,

in ista set to ediabas,
and in ediabas konfigurator
interface to enet
remote host VPN IP of remote PC (7.xx.xx.xxx)
Diagnostic Port 6801
Control Port 6811
So normal enet settings, only remote host ip must be changed

Glad it works with you too rock

Believe me , any ip scanner tool to be installed on remote pf will be more time consuming than 2 files from Enet folder from ediabas. You don't need full ediabas installation , only zgwsearch.exe and its dll file .

I already made one zip file contains full package for clients remote work ( tool radar with java installation files - readymade batch for netsh - zgwsearch.exe ) .

In my case, most of my clients and friends are using icom so toolradar is a must to make like easier .
24-07-2018, 08:50 AM,
In my version of ISTA (4.11.32) I can only see "Dealer organisation ICOM/ENET Local area network" as a connection option, is there a way to enable the other connection options i have previously seen in earlier versions of ISTA?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW Speed limit information on G cars with one kafas pcp1234 1 241 27-01-2024, 18:35 PM
Last Post: dasi
XZBMW Can't create session with Ista 4.39 xMoses 2 201 11-01-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: xMoses
  ISTA connection lost and needs to restart session tste1982 11 1,009 18-12-2023, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Krysiaman
XZBMW ISTA problem with session preview maksymw 8 697 12-12-2023, 22:52 PM
Last Post: Node
  WINKFP problem ERROR 206 UIF- INFO _HE USER INFORMATION FIELD IS FULL rana 7 818 15-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: darckreign1984
  G05 Traffic Camera Information Sound mcrussell 3 369 17-05-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: pcp1234
  reference information Jalami 1 212 17-02-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW BMW Software for Service Information Bulletins? ac427 1 417 01-01-2023, 07:24 AM
Last Post: aejanow
  Enable telnet + SSH + SCP for Next & EVO all information?! hashtagmaster 11 2,167 23-11-2022, 20:40 PM
Last Post: RuleNormaliai
  ISTA/P Error when creating new session - ENET berniw 25 15,785 27-09-2022, 13:43 PM
Last Post: tomaxsas