Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

F10 LCI 5DP Park Assist Retrofit
04-02-2019, 19:18 PM,
F10 LCI 5DP Park Assist Retrofit
So I'm kinda stuck now with my park assist retrofit and have exhausted all ideas I have shy of purchasing a new PMA module. Steps so far.

Created a loom for the retrofit. Twisted pair for the Flexray and also the LIN bus etc for the sensors (all following the Rheingold instructions/wiring diagrams) 
Ran wires at the same time as running the side view cables for my bumper cams. 
Installed PMA in boot and wired to fusebox (I even ordered an uncoded fuse holder to ensure it was wired to F134 as per Rheingold instructions.) 
Checked 14v supply to plug to PMA, ran ground wire to ground connector in boot.
Ran Flexray pair from PMA to ZGW (I have the 8SK High) pins 1&2 as per Rheingold.
Using tool32 opened port 0x07 and checked it was open.
Flashed up esys.....no PMA visible.
Checked continuity of Flexray pair, all good. Checked supply to PMA, all good. Moved the pins from 1&2 to 11&12 and opened port 0x03, checked with esys, again no PMA! Decided to open all ports with tool32, still the same, no PMA! I then double checked my loom and PMA connector. All is good. Power, ground, Flexray pair and flexray termination all present and correct. It leaves me with 2 thoughts. 1 I've got the flexray termination wrong. I have a pink wire going from pin 15 into 17 and a green wire going from pin 16 into 18. 2. The PMA module is defective.

Can anyone shed any light or offer some advice? Have I missed a step? I know a few people have completed this retrofit as I've been taking advice from their posts. I'm pretty lost at the moment as nothing I try or do seems to work.

Thanks

I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
MGU Virgin/Component Protection Removal/Full Retrofit FSC
clapping BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
cheers Complete EntryNav2 FSC solution for Retrofit/Component Protection
enjoyKAFAS2 7E/BE/BF KAFAS4 11F/13E/13F
biggrin Carplay activations/FullScreen/ID4-5
rock EntryNav2 Carplay activations OEM/Provisioning
mail Contact me for more information
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post
05-02-2019, 09:15 AM,
RE: F10 LCI 5DP Park Assist Retrofit
Most likely to replace the rear fuse box for one without pdc, and install a pdc module as well.

under Press  and  if this post helped you.
05-02-2019, 10:58 AM,
Thanks for the reply. Could you elaborate on why I might need to? I have checked the rear fuse box and it is supplying 14V to the PMA? From what I can gather the PDC is supplied via the JBE. How might this affect the PMA module not showing in E-Sys and Rheingold?

05-02-2019, 21:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2019, 21:16 PM by Gizmo520d.)
If the car was ordered without PMA it has the pdc integrated in the rear fuse box. When ordered with PMA there is a separate pdc module.
PMA needs to be fed thru the separate pdc module when the car is build after 11/2013.

06-02-2019, 08:14 AM,
I did a lot of reading on Newtis whilst at work yesterday and saw that too. However I have seen that others have retrofitted the PMA on an LCI without adding a separate PDC unit and also the ETK doesn’t list a PDC module for an F10. All I can find is the integrated JBE PDC. Also checking Newtis the OMA doesn’t pass through the PDC as the PDC is on the KCAN bus and the PMA is on Flexray. What might actually be an issue is the error I found in ISTA last night. I am showining an error on the Flexray line on port 3, the port in which I changed the PMA Flexray lines too. I am going to check the resistance as per ISTA instructions as soon as I can get out to the car and it’s not raining. I already know that there is no break in the wires as I’ve checked the continuity. I’m hoping the resistance is out and it might point to a faulty PMA as that’s an easy fix. I would like to think that regardless of the PDC, JBE issue e-sys would see the PMA. We’lol see what the multimeter says this evening.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

07-02-2019, 15:54 PM,
(04-02-2019, 19:18 PM)DayvG Wrote:  So I'm kinda stuck now with my park assist retrofit and have exhausted all ideas I have shy of purchasing a new PMA module. Steps so far.

Created a loom for the retrofit. Twisted pair for the Flexray and also the LIN bus etc for the sensors (all following the Rheingold instructions/wiring diagrams) 
Ran wires at the same time as running the side view cables for my bumper cams. 
Installed PMA in boot and wired to fusebox (I even ordered an uncoded fuse holder to ensure it was wired to F134 as per Rheingold instructions.) 
Checked 14v supply to plug to PMA, ran ground wire to ground connector in boot.
Ran Flexray pair from PMA to ZGW (I have the 8SK High) pins 1&2 as per Rheingold.
Using tool32 opened port 0x07 and checked it was open.
Flashed up esys.....no PMA visible.
Checked continuity of Flexray pair, all good. Checked supply to PMA, all good. Moved the pins from 1&2 to 11&12 and opened port 0x03, checked with esys, again no PMA! Decided to open all ports with tool32, still the same, no PMA! I then double checked my loom and PMA connector. All is good. Power, ground, Flexray pair and flexray termination all present and correct. It leaves me with 2 thoughts. 1 I've got the flexray termination wrong. I have a pink wire going from pin 15 into 17 and a green wire going from pin 16 into 18. 2. The PMA module is defective.

Can anyone shed any light or offer some advice? Have I missed a step? I know a few people have completed this retrofit as I've been taking advice from their posts. I'm pretty lost at the moment as nothing I try or do seems to work.

Thanks

car have 5AG?
08-02-2019, 12:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 13:51 PM by DayvG.)
YhNo 5AG. So I now have the PMA visible in ESYS and green in ISTA. I have added 5DP to the FA and VO coded EPS ICM DSC NBT PDC PMA TRSVC. I FDL coded NBT to bring PDC macro back on the display and have the park assist option on the PDC display however I can’t select it and it stays unselectable. I’m struggling now to see what could possibly be wrong. All modules have been VO coded and I’ve followed what everyone else seemed to do but nothing.

08-02-2019, 14:48 PM,
D02D25 and D01697 are error because of the missing seperate PDC module.

As said before, replace the JBBF for one without PDC and install the seperate PDC module.
PDC module is partnumber 66209348370, you will need some extra parts to install it.
I have the list somewhere and I can look for it.

08-02-2019, 22:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 23:07 PM by DayvG.)
That would be great, thank you. And there I was thinking it would be simple. I just expected the PMA module to share the info to ZGW which would in turn pass it through to the ICM ETC. I’ve been pulling my hair out. Turns out the original issue of PMA not showing in ESYS was the fact my ground wire had snapped at the contact! I’ve just found a PDC on eBay for €65 with postage, next is to source the JBE. I’m assuming I’ll just transfer the PDC wires straight from the JBE into a new plug (reconfigured for the PDC pinout) and install into new PDC? The new JBE obviously won’t have a place for the PDC wires. If you could find the list you have that would be great. Thank you.

More reading, so the difference I can see is that the separate PDC module has its KCAN line and power supply. I’m guessing the independent KCAN CANBUS line allows it to speak directly to the ZGW then onto the PMA and ICM. I’m assuming the JBE with built in PDC doesn’t allow the PDC to talk to PMA via ZGW. It looks like the PDC is installed behind glovebox right next to where the JBE is so hopefully the install and wiring should be fairly simple. Any advice you have would be great though.

14-02-2019, 16:51 PM,
(08-02-2019, 14:48 PM)Gizmo520d Wrote:  D02D25 and D01697 are error because of the missing seperate PDC module.

As said before, replace the JBBF for one without PDC and install the seperate PDC module.
PDC module is partnumber 66209348370, you will need some extra parts to install it.
I have the list somewhere and I can look for it.

So new PDC module fitted and a new PMA (i thought the old one may have been defective before i knew about PDC/JBE) Anyway, all installed but I still get the same error........now I'm thinking it could be the ICM as the ETK lists a different part for 5DP? Any ideas?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bmw G31 retrofit Mgu id7 atm problem intranet 20 2,413 Yesterday, 08:06 AM
Last Post: smilo
  Kafas issue aftrer ACC Retrofit It3_Magic 14 604 23-04-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: It3_Magic
  G82 rear tail lights CSL retrofit Sauron 10 784 20-04-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: SANYA
XZBMW BMW CIC PATCHER v2 - GENERATE YOUR OWN RETROFIT FSC CERTS intel123 891 466,681 20-04-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: fe7565
XZBMW Neck warmer retrofit Just2fast5 5 382 17-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Spirit5676
  ID4 evo to ID6 Evo full retrofit, ATM issues 03178A mitch32 1 182 15-04-2024, 17:52 PM
Last Post: mitch32
XZBMW BMW E84 Cruise control retrofit not workig Alyn546 4 220 12-04-2024, 14:23 PM
Last Post: DieStream
  F10 FLA retrofit beng2k 30 1,043 11-04-2024, 18:43 PM
Last Post: beng2k
XZBMW BMW f20 KOMBI2 retrofit bm92 15 516 10-04-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: bm92
  Car Systems / Custom Retrofit Garage ENBT Adapter Ulsmak 39 2,084 02-04-2024, 08:25 AM
Last Post: painsage