Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Help with error retrofit
22-10-2019, 13:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 22-10-2019, 13:23 PM by kimetp.)
Help with error retrofit
I get error ista+ for collision  warning i code all i put 5AD car but not work i get error maybe need steering wheel button to work ldw work great

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2019, 22:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 22-10-2019, 23:08 PM by DayvG.)
RE: Help with error retrofit
(22-10-2019, 13:18 PM)kimetp Wrote:  I get error ista+ for collision  warning i code all i put 5AD car but not work i get error maybe need steering wheel button to work ldw work great

What car do you have, what have you installed so far and what ECU's have you VO coded? Have you installed the vibration actuator in the steering wheel and ran to extra wires from SZL to JBBF/JBE? Have you fitted the drive assistant switch in the dash to enable the LDW (if this is required on your model)? Lots of steps that need to be done with hardly any information provided.

Also what does ISTA say when you create a measures plan for the faults?

Edit: Have you tried clearing the fault? ISTA says it is not an existent fault?!?!

I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
MGU Virgin/Component Protection Removal/Full Retrofit FSC
clapping BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
cheers Complete EntryNav2 FSC solution for Retrofit/Component Protection
enjoyKAFAS2 7E/BE/BF KAFAS4 11F/13E/13F
biggrin Carplay activations/FullScreen/ID4-5
rock EntryNav2 Carplay activations OEM/Provisioning
mail Contact me for more information
23-10-2019, 08:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 23-10-2019, 08:06 AM by kimetp.)
(22-10-2019, 22:58 PM)DayvG Wrote:  
(22-10-2019, 13:18 PM)kimetp Wrote:  I get error ista+ for collision  warning i code all i put 5AD car but not work i get error maybe need steering wheel button to work ldw work great

What car do you have, what have you installed so far and what ECU's have you VO coded? Have you installed the vibration actuator in the steering wheel and ran to extra wires from SZL to JBBF/JBE? Have you fitted the drive assistant switch in the dash to enable the LDW (if this is required on your model)? Lots of steps that need to be done with hardly any information provided.

Edit: Have you tried clearing the fault? ISTA says it is not an existent fault?!?!

Bmw f10 and vibiration is enabled from factory and ldw work great i have problem with collision warning  i have coded all modules 
You can check photo with fault from ista i have try to clean fault but same problem i think option 5ad need also button in steering wheel maybe i have puted also and fsc code in kafas2 for (BE)
23-10-2019, 10:09 AM,
(23-10-2019, 08:04 AM)kimetp Wrote:  
(22-10-2019, 22:58 PM)DayvG Wrote:  

Bmw f10 and vibiration is enabled from factory and ldw work great i have problem with collision warning  i have coded all modules 
You can check photo with fault from ista i have try to clean fault but same problem i think option 5ad need also button in steering wheel maybe i have puted also and fsc code in kafas2 for (BE)

What steering wheel button? Are you referring to the buttons for ACC distance? Do you have ACC in your vehicle? I believe that the collision warning works in conjunction with ICM, ACC and KAFAS on the S_CAN. I'm sure it is a function of 5AT. Have you tried adding 5AS for drive assist to your FA and VO coding. As I have retrofitted ACC and KAFAS I am coded for 5AT.

23-10-2019, 11:08 AM,
I dont have acc i think need and acc option 5at but i need steering wheel and i think 5as its for newer car 2013+ mi car its 2012 i have add 5ad and i think need and 5at to work full collision warning
23-10-2019, 11:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 23-10-2019, 11:16 AM by DayvG.)
What steering wheel do you think you need for front collision warning? The only buttons extra are either traffic jam assist or ACC distance buttons. You need to work out what the oem configuration for either 5AS or 5AT is for your car. Is front collision warning even available for your car? Do you have KAFAS1 or 2? Are you trying to fit an option that isn’t available for your equipment?

23-10-2019, 15:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-10-2019, 15:49 PM by kimetp.)
Acc distance button option 541 or 5DF i think need also for collision warning. I HAVE KAFAS 2. I dont have acc in mi car check steering wheel in photo
23-10-2019, 15:50 PM,
You have fitted KAFAS2 on a pre LCI F10? Correct? If that is the case the hardware required to make this work is different. You need to upgrade your preLCI hardware to LCI. That would mean as a minimum DSC and ICM if i'm not mistaken. The FCW requires the DSC ACC. This DSC re fills the braking system to ensure it is ready to conduct emergency braking if required. I think you are facing problems because you have a mix of PRE/LCI hardware. You most certainly will have issues with the incorrect ICM and DSC. For this system to work correctly the ICM creates an S_CAN that the KAFAS2 and ACC ECU sit on to control FCW. I think you need to check RealOEM for the correct configuration of hardware and parts. Also what ever option you settle with the coding will be either 5AS/5AT NOT 5AD/5DF

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bmw G31 retrofit Mgu id7 atm problem intranet 20 2,373 Yesterday, 08:06 AM
Last Post: smilo
XZBMW Esys error message only on EPS. ''Failed to get CAFs for SWE'' arthur101 2 99 25-04-2024, 22:48 PM
Last Post: arthur101
  BMW E83 A1 error - MRS: No message from DSC ... ivanp 26 1,271 25-04-2024, 13:20 PM
Last Post: ivanp
  NBT Evo CAFD missing after coding error Mugga 13 602 24-04-2024, 22:47 PM
Last Post: Mugga
  Kafas issue aftrer ACC Retrofit It3_Magic 14 591 23-04-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: It3_Magic
  BMW F20 ACSM4B internal error Pedrom92 4 144 21-04-2024, 21:54 PM
Last Post: Pedrom92
  G82 rear tail lights CSL retrofit Sauron 10 782 20-04-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: SANYA
XZBMW BMW CIC PATCHER v2 - GENERATE YOUR OWN RETROFIT FSC CERTS intel123 891 466,266 20-04-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: fe7565
XZBMW Need help for an error. TibeRiuSca 1 81 18-04-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: cipi gutuie
XZBMW Neck warmer retrofit Just2fast5 5 379 17-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Spirit5676