Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

BMW NBT Evo - Radio Wakeup (E series)
28-11-2016, 12:12 PM,
XZBMW  BMW NBT Evo - Radio Wakeup (E series)
Hi,

I have done the NBT EVO retrofit in my E91.
I removed original CIC comming from factory to install NBT EVO.
For the retrofit, I use the Carsystems.com.ua last NBT adaptter.
All is working great BUT:

I ussually left kids listening music with the car sttoped, waiting for me, I mean, that with CIC, without KL_15, if you press vol button, you get 10-15 mins of radio, without having to get the keys into the ignition "radio mode".

I dont want to left car with the ignition switched ON, If I´m not on the car, only for listening music, its something anoying and dangerous...

How I can program NBT to get the same behavior?
Maybe is an error of the addapter?

Thanks in advance. clapping
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2016, 15:01 PM,
RE: BMW NBT Evo - Radio Wakeup (E series)
Its related to the ENBT adapter from your provider , I noticed this problem with EVO retrofit only , in NBT1 everything works as factory feature ( pressing the volume knob or inserting the key with ignition off ) brings NBT alive but NAVI - Connected drive - Settings used to be inactive until ignition is on .

you may report it to the adapter supplier and they might do some firmware update to address this issue.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to emhtuning for this post
10-12-2016, 11:31 AM,
@ehssan, with what addapter are you working?

with "Carsystems.com.ua" NEW nbt addapter dosen't work. (from @neo_anderson)
Any advise to buy from other people that NBT EVO addapter work like I need?
If you don't want to "spam" your provider, please tell me in private message.

Many thanks.
10-12-2016, 22:41 PM,
As far as i know and correct me if im wrong , there are 2 names in the market who design the adapter, carsystems in Europe and bimmerretrofit in Canada . I know others have copied those adapters but since im one of the Authorized installers in Germany for carsystems adapters, definitely i use their adapter .

I also tried bimmerretrofit adapter few times due to customers requests but i asure to you, like comparing Seat to BMW [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] .

Im not used to mention names on forums so people don't call it marketing and advertising but since you mentioned names then i share the same . [THUMBS UP SIGN]
11-12-2016, 22:43 PM,
Okay, then I'm using the same addapter than you.

Maybe that with a firmware upgrade, obtain this funtionallity?

You have try with the new NBT EVO + carsystems Enbt addapter in a E90/E60 that this works?

Thanks for your info wink
12-12-2016, 11:30 AM,
I will highlight your concern to the software engineer to see why the Evo not booting without ignition on.

Yes i have tested evo with evo adapter . Same problem as yours , the unit comes alive only with ignition on .
12-12-2016, 16:31 PM,
(12-12-2016, 11:30 AM)ehssan Wrote:  Yes i have tested evo with evo adapter . Same problem as yours , the unit comes alive only with ignition on .

It´s a general problem, then, with the Carsystems emulator. (Not only mine)

Thanks for your collaboration, and will wait news from your provider, maybe we have opened a bug, that can be solved for all people, in next firmware revision from Carsystems.com.ua.

Best reggards. wink
13-12-2016, 20:02 PM,
(12-12-2016, 16:31 PM)loler Wrote:  
(12-12-2016, 11:30 AM)ehssan Wrote:  Yes i have tested evo with evo adapter . Same problem as yours , the unit comes alive only with ignition on .

It´s a general problem, then, with the Carsystems emulator. (Not only mine)

Thanks for your collaboration, and will wait news from your provider, maybe we have opened a bug, that can be solved for all people, in next firmware revision from Carsystems.com.ua.

Best reggards. wink

Unfortunately there will be no solution for your specific request because : the faceplate which has the volume / power on-off button is controlled by the emulator , Emulator sends wakeup / sleep signal to the headunit , which means in order to enable the headunit to wake up at any given scenario , the emulator should always be awake which means battery drain ,

there might be a firmware update to address the issue of headunit not waking up with keyfob in slot but ignition off , or in case of Comfort access single press the start/stop button, the guy is looking into that.
02-01-2017, 15:51 PM,
(13-12-2016, 20:02 PM)ehssan Wrote:  there might be a firmware update to address the issue of headunit not waking up with keyfob in slot but ignition off

That´s the case not?

Thanks.
02-01-2017, 20:31 PM,
Hmm, anyone tried to turn up all the way up and see if volume control crashes? volume stays full up and no volume control from knobs or wheel buttons. Emulator crash maybe? This happens on MOST version of the carsystems emu and with L7 prelci amp.

No flashing solution for prelci L7 amp for the echo issue?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BMW F40 (1 series) no FZD module Ibrahim24 3 119 26-04-2024, 17:48 PM
Last Post: dumitru.o
XZBMW Difference 677 vs. 688 F series ? AlpinWeiss2k18 8 424 16-04-2024, 19:55 PM
Last Post: sebastianfernandes
  Making F-series combox work in e-series Ryn079 5 627 11-04-2024, 15:03 PM
Last Post: wrp_199
XZBMW Lost Navigation - aircon wont turn off 2016 BMW 2 series DannyDans435 6 271 08-04-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: painsage
XZBMW HWEL differences of seat modules (F series) azwgh 8 295 04-04-2024, 21:48 PM
Last Post: azwgh
XZBMW Bmw 5,f10 radio problem RobertRexhaj 3 162 28-03-2024, 18:47 PM
Last Post: Unspec
  mileage g series virtual bosch id7 tigre 2 266 22-03-2024, 13:00 PM
Last Post: tigre
XZBMW G Series KEY in F34 Rajco 5 420 20-03-2024, 18:56 PM
Last Post: Rajco
XZBMW Solved ✔ Cic update on E series alsamaraee 16 876 28-02-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: alsamaraee
XZBMW ISTA/P is no longer supported for F, G & I series see_you_33 22 5,262 20-02-2024, 04:49 AM
Last Post: Alenorm