Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

cas / cluster bench setup
05-12-2018, 16:59 PM,
RE: cas / cluster bench setup
Hello mate,

I just rebuilt your construction. I have a PL2 JBBFEII, ELV , OBD2 socket, CAS3 and I have got a key programmed to the CAS. I wired it up like in your last picture. The ignition works, that's fine.

But I can't connect to my cluster through the obd2. I just tried to read it with NCS (with a .ssd file) and INPA. Doesn't work. It says the cluster is not recognized.

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english biggrin
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2018, 08:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 08:48 AM by willisodhiambo.)
here is updated diagram:
[Image: kPOGD1N.jpg]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell might I be doing wrong!!! Just cant get this to work. I have wired it as per diagram but I notice the following behaviour

1. Key locks in OK so CAS/Keys combination I can assume good
2. I can detect good can signals with oscilloscope
3. CAS pinout 8 to OBD pin 1 BUT I DONT GET IGNITION ON IN INPA
4. Using ELV BUT I CANT GET PIN 30) in my CAS
5. I have no cluster, just need CAS and JBBF for now.

I am out of ideas and about to ask for someone with a working setup to sell me theirs and build a new one happy happy
[+] 1 user says Thank You to willisodhiambo for this post
12-12-2018, 06:40 AM,
Quote:What the hell might I be doing wrong!!! Just cant get this to work. I have wired it as per diagram but I notice the following behaviour

I am out of ideas and about to ask for someone with a working setup to sell me theirs and build a new one happy happy

why cant you get pin 30 in your cas? also which junction box are you using? the one that worked in the above diagram is JBBFE2 taken from a 2008 e90
13-12-2018, 11:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 13-12-2018, 11:24 AM by willisodhiambo.)
(12-12-2018, 06:40 AM)Cniksor Wrote:  
Quote:What the hell might I be doing wrong!!! Just cant get this to work. I have wired it as per diagram but I notice the following behaviour

why cant you get pin 30 in your cas? also which junction box are you using? the one that worked in the above diagram is JBBFE2 taken from a 2008 e90
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finally got pin 30. Don't even ask why I was not getting it before happy 

Still same behaviour. Ignition buttons stops to illuminate after a few minutes. Cant scan any unit, no response. Let me get picture of JBBEII I used.

3. CAS pinout 8 to OBD pin 1 BUT I DONT GET IGNITION ON IN INPA. My OBD did not have pin 1 anyway but I have wired it just the same. Could it be something with the CAS?

I have no cluster, just need CAS and JBBF for now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

16-12-2018, 00:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 16-12-2018, 00:31 AM by Silva1337.)
hello to all i made my version of wiring with KGM everything in picture, could any one check who already made if its correct gonna build it up in few days, btw will obd work? Cause i want test keys , kombi

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

19-12-2018, 16:29 PM,
i have managed to setup my bech, everything works except obd comunication anyone what i missing there?
19-12-2018, 17:50 PM,
is it possible to add an ECU to that Bench setup?
19-12-2018, 20:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2019, 12:49 PM by Silva1337.)
    Update, i fixed schematic , tested keys, elv programming, yes its possible to add ecu i think i gonna add it and update post here
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Silva1337 for this post
21-12-2018, 08:25 AM,
Thank you.
I will wait for your update.

Are there any advantages/disadvantages of using a kgm instead of JBBFEII?

I am still waiting for my JBBFEII and after that I will start to build my bench setup.

best regards
zywiec
23-12-2018, 21:57 PM,
Hello Colleagues
My combination of CAS, JBBF and Instrument cluster control units on the table was successful - maybe not really, but I have a connection.By the way, thank you to everyone who gave directions in the subject.In particular, "Cniksor" and "wxwwxw" colleagues for creating connection schemes.I must admit that I have used some of them, although my connection is not exactly the same.I did not copy the connection, I checked everything in the diagrams contained in ISTA +.I noticed that many people used this connection and did not receive positive results.I think that this is because we use modules from different production years, other equipment i.t.p., hence can be different in connection diagrams.Just enter the VIN contained in the controller and in ISTA + you will find nice connection diagrams.At the very beginning, I read EEprom from the CAS module to learn its VIN.Then I uploaded another flash to CAS to skip the need to connect ELV,and I made a new key for this CAS.I verified all the diagrams in the ISTA + and connected everything using original conectors with a piece of cable harness, which facilitated a lot of work.In the majority of connections, the colors of the cables overlap, which facilitates additional control of the correct connection.
For example, I am saying that I have found the incompatibility of the connection indicated in post 52 of this topic.The 19 CAS pin is connected to the 45 JBBF pin (BLACK54 PIN).According to my readings from ISTA + PIN19 (CAS) it is: Wake-up signal, terminal 15.However, pin 45 (JBBF BLACK54 PIN) is Ground- Heating / air conditioning system, so you can not connect this to one terminal.Wake-up signal, terminal 15 is in 45 PIN but in (JBBF54-pin, blue) NO BLACK !!!In the connector (JBBF 54-pin, black) there is also Wake-up signal, terminal 15 / Steering column switch cluster but for PIN 50.Perhaps in modules from cars with different equipment or other years of production is different, so do not copy this 1: 1 just check.After connecting everything, I received a connection with ISTA and INPA.There is only one small problem I need to work on.I suspect I've made a mistake, but I do not know where yet.I have communication with CAS, JBBF and Instrument cluster control.Instrument cluster control passes the indicator test in INPA-all controls work, after pressing the button on the left appears mileage in km, the key is locked in the ignition.The instrument cluster control unit does not react to the START / STOP button. It looks like the ignition will not work.Maybe I made the key wrong?Maybe I will have to use ELV? As if everything works only just this ignition does not give me peace. I need to verify everything and if I will work 100% then I will connect the FRM module.I apologize for my poor English (Google).I greet everyone and wish you a Merry Christmas!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW Bmw explorer msd80 isn read out bench? xMoses 9 712 11 hours ago
Last Post: that4chanhacker
XZBMW ESys Launcher PRO Setup 2.8.1 fengyonghua21 412 49,706 28-04-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Pommie
XZBMW F20 LCI2 black panel cluster coding sqorpius 10 2,087 27-04-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: hamzettin
  Instrument cluster e46 mapkrk 2 180 27-04-2024, 00:33 AM
Last Post: mapkrk
XZBMW Bmw f10 6wa cluster mileage jumping 160D0WT Bavrian 4 162 24-04-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Bavrian
XZBMW 6wb cluster swap and coding xMoses 4 259 22-04-2024, 19:07 PM
Last Post: NikolaIMRS
  MGU Bench connection kimz 4 497 22-04-2024, 17:06 PM
Last Post: kimz
  Test bench Connection to CAN ECU's HaakonA 3 319 03-04-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: sixcode
XZBMW Tool for bench read 8hp Garryq 9 1,687 26-03-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: skywoker
XZBMW F80 Cluster - setup iskullbox 2 333 25-03-2024, 14:38 PM
Last Post: Unspec