Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

ENET Connection Problems
09-12-2023, 08:14 AM,
XZBMW  ENET Connection Problems
Hello dear CT community!

I have been using ENET cables occasionally for some years now and I don't remember having issues with connections before.
But lately I am having a hard time to get ISTA+ to read out vehicle data or ESYS to see ZGW on G30.
Only way to get a working session is by leaving the car locked untill it goes to sleep (Emergency Triangle light goes out) and then enter car, connect ENET to car and laptop and then put the car into Diagnostic Mode. Only then I can read out Vehicle Data with ISTA+ or see the ZGW in ESYS.
When the car hasn't gone to sleep, then I can see ENET with IP and VIN in ISTA+ connection manager, but it will fail to read out vehicle data every time.
Also annoying is when I finish a successful session, go for test drive and after try to re-connect the car, then same problem happens - without letting the car go to sleep no new session can be read out (ENET IP and VIN still present).
Is my ENET cable gone bad? Or is the car's recently updated software preventing ENET access?
I would appreciate all ideas smile

OEM ICOM Next works every time all the time in every situation.
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2023, 12:45 PM,
RE: ENET Connection Problems
Did you have a chance to test the cable and your computer on an other car?
Sounds to me like misconfiguration in software. had similar issues once with ISTA+ because of missing vcredist software.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to noobontour for this post
11-12-2023, 18:06 PM,
(09-12-2023, 12:45 PM)noobontour Wrote:  Did you have a chance to test the cable and your computer on an other car?
Sounds to me like misconfiguration in software. had similar issues once with ISTA+ because of missing vcredist software.

I have tested on 3 different G30/G31 cars - same story. ENET not connecting when car comes from drive. Cars need to go to sleep before ENET can read out vehicle data.

I re-checked all the required softwares - all should be set and good to go.
11-12-2023, 19:56 PM,
(11-12-2023, 18:06 PM)mikkaav Wrote:  
(09-12-2023, 12:45 PM)noobontour Wrote:  Did you have a chance to test the cable and your computer on an other car?

I have tested on 3 different G30/G31 cars - same story. ENET not connecting when car comes from drive. Cars need to go to sleep before ENET can read out vehicle data.

I re-checked all the required softwares - all should be set and good to go.

So this sounds to me that you are having a problem with your software. If i remember right in the past some users also had problems to connect to a car while switching between ISTA and E-Sys. Also there only letting the car fall asleep helped with connection problems. Unfortunatly i cant rememeber if this was ever fixed. I dont hink that it is on the cable because communication in general is working. For me it seems like windows is causing the problem. Have you changed something in the past? Any new software installed or changes in your securitysuite?

Last chance in my opinion would be a real cleaninstall from windows with only all windowsupdates and then fresh ISTA install without seperate ediabas stuff and other softwares. Just ISTA and then set ISTA to HO-ICOM / ENET local network and try to connect to your car only with ignition on. Dont forget, before installing ISTA, to install vcredist stuff. Also, for diagnostic only, the blp data would be enough.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to noobontour for this post
11-12-2023, 20:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 20:32 PM by Node.)
If you use ICOM it assigns IP addresses to a car over DHCP protocol. If your ENET is configured with APIPA addresses, car will not be visible after that...

P.S. Common guys, DHCP problems couple of pieces a day in this forum... Maybe read what it is, what is does and TRY to understand...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW ISTA 4.46.xx problems and possible solution Sedoy 98 11,707 4 hours ago
Last Post: egyclick
  MGU Bench connection kimz 4 474 22-04-2024, 17:06 PM
Last Post: kimz
  Carplay loses connection marcospoffo 2 235 19-04-2024, 19:44 PM
Last Post: marcospoffo
XZBMW BMW Remote ENET B O S S 11 1,230 06-04-2024, 17:38 PM
Last Post: Jalami
XZBMW SSH Connection Failure on NBT - Initialize HDD Billyjoe69 3 219 05-04-2024, 07:07 AM
Last Post: RuleNormaliai
  Test bench Connection to CAN ECU's HaakonA 3 313 03-04-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: sixcode
  FEM Not working with ENET but works wtih DCAN armenh7 2 286 01-04-2024, 20:21 PM
Last Post: armenh7
  I020 esys connection issue mcrussell 6 324 25-03-2024, 23:35 PM
Last Post: vanos
XZBMW E-Sys and direct ecu connection PASS_THRU lacost 2 219 18-03-2024, 18:38 PM
Last Post: VroomVroom
XZBMW CIC-MID fsc problems ayllon308 0 120 08-02-2024, 21:25 PM
Last Post: ayllon308