Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

E60 SZL failure After flashing (Solved by ANGEL)
21-09-2022, 20:44 PM,
XZBMW  E60 SZL failure After flashing (Solved by ANGEL)
Hi friends

I changed the Bmw E60 2009 steering column and used "Diagzone" for steering calibration. 

Having failed to get a slack steering wheel despite the "calibration successful" message from diagzone, i saw the coding or flashing option and made the mistake of trying an SZL steering upgrade. 

Now i no longer communicate with the SZL module, the windshield wipers work constantly, the headlight washing controls, turn signals... no longer work. 

Please i need your help or support, i am willing to pay a friend through paypal for a guide or TeamViewer remote PC takeover. 

Here are some pictures... 

Thanks in advance and respect.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2022, 20:48 PM,
RE: E60 SZL failure After flashing by Diagzone !!!
Ok never mind flash it again. Do you know the correct number to flash? Post vin, i'll help you

[Image: GIF-Bandiera-Italiana.gif]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ____ANGEL___ for this post
21-09-2022, 20:53 PM,
(21-09-2022, 20:44 PM)BS68 Wrote:  Hi friends

I changed the Bmw E60 2009 steering column and used "Diagzone" for steering calibration. 

Having failed to get a slack steering wheel despite the "calibration successful" message from diagzone, i saw the coding or flashing option and made the mistake of trying an SZL steering upgrade. 

Now i no longer communicate with the SZL module, the windshield wipers work constantly, the headlight washing controls, turn signals... no longer work. 

Please i need your help or support, i am willing to pay a friend through paypal for a guide or TeamViewer remote PC takeover. 

Re-flash with Winkfp.
It is important to choose the right SZL and the AIF must fit
[+] 1 user says Thank You to hojo29 for this post
21-09-2022, 21:18 PM,

Changing SZL module in E60 needs first to change the vin, then code the module and finally calibrate steering angle sensor. I highly doubt that even WinKFP could fix it. That thing wiped all the data in the module.
What was the reason for replacement?
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ShermanBG for this post
21-09-2022, 21:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-09-2022, 21:28 PM by BS68.)
(21-09-2022, 20:48 PM)____ANGEL___ Wrote:  Ok never mind flash it again. Do you know the correct number to flash? Post vin, i'll help you

Hi dear friend Angel thank you very much, the VIN is sent by PM, I will not forget your support, respect to you.

(21-09-2022, 20:53 PM)hojo29 Wrote:  

Re-flash with Winkfp.
It is important to choose the right SZL and the AIF must fit

Hi dear friend Hojo29 Thanks for the instructions, I hope to find the correct numbers thanks to the king ****Angel**** thanks again for the help.

(21-09-2022, 21:18 PM)ShermanBG Wrote:  Changing SZL module in E60 needs first to change the vin, then code the module and finally calibrate steering angle sensor. I highly doubt that even WinKFP could fix it. That thing wiped all the data in the module.

Hi dear friend ShermanBG 

Thank you for the useful information, i did not change the SZL module only the steering column, it was by wanting to adjust the steering angle that I made the mistake of upgrading the SZL , now he no longer answers, thank you again for your participation.

Respect to all of you.
21-09-2022, 21:43 PM,
If the module was not replaced there was no need for recalibration. The steering column splines have missing tooth and can't be misaligned. After you assembled the car all you had to do is to make full left, full right several times and the steering angle sensor would find the exact position. Nevermind....do you have on your laptop FULLY working Tool32, WinKFP and E60 data? I might help....
21-09-2022, 21:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-09-2022, 21:54 PM by ____ANGEL___.)
flash this 9204508

(21-09-2022, 21:18 PM)ShermanBG Wrote:  

Changing SZL module in E60 needs first to change the vin, then code the module and finally calibrate steering angle sensor. I highly doubt that even WinKFP could fix it. That thing wiped all the data in the module.
it's recoverable, reflash, calibrate and init function time as it is a component of airbag system

21-09-2022, 22:15 PM,
(21-09-2022, 21:51 PM)____ANGEL___ Wrote:  flash this 9204508

it's recoverable, reflash, calibrate and init function time as it is a component of airbag system

The good news is that SZL communicates. But I'm not sure whether WinKFP will flash it. But some of us might try to recover if he has working programs.
No need for function time on this car. Only the oldest pre 09/2005 E60 need sync time between all airbag satellites.
21-09-2022, 22:19 PM,
(21-09-2022, 22:15 PM)ShermanBG Wrote:  
(21-09-2022, 21:51 PM)____ANGEL___ Wrote:  flash this 9204508

The good news is that SZL communicates. But I'm not sure whether WinKFP will flash it. But some of us might try to recover if he has working programs.
No need for function time on this car. Only the oldest pre 09/2005 E60 need sync time between all airbag satellites.

true, i forgot that is lci, i'm tired, that's midnight here

21-09-2022, 22:56 PM,
(21-09-2022, 21:43 PM)ShermanBG Wrote:  If the module was not replaced there was no need for recalibration. The steering column splines have missing tooth and can't be misaligned. After you assembled the car all you had to do is to make full left, full right several times and the steering angle sensor would find the exact position. Nevermind....do you have on your laptop FULLY working Tool32, WinKFP and E60 data? I might help....

Thank you Dear Friend ShermanBG, i should have tried several Times, i was in too much of a hurry, this will serve as a lesson to me. Yes i installed all thé necessary fonctional software without problem. I Can leave you in control of thé PC to perform the procedure or follow your instructions.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashing hybrid cars with E-sys ravager 0 166 18-04-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: ravager
XZBMW SSH Connection Failure on NBT - Initialize HDD Billyjoe69 3 224 05-04-2024, 07:07 AM
Last Post: RuleNormaliai
  Flashing a stock box map to an E60 with XHP? GoNz0- 10 436 20-03-2024, 09:33 AM
Last Post: tomaxsas
XZBMW flashing modules hw-id redog4dy 5 356 04-03-2024, 13:26 PM
Last Post: redog4dy
  First ISTA install - SOLVED R1c4ard06 12 1,025 02-03-2024, 17:55 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  Power supply for coding flashing kklobo 14 984 29-02-2024, 08:37 AM
Last Post: nBlacky
XZBMW Coding bmw f26 Adaptative LED (FRM) wellcome light angel eyes max bright ruben_17non 4 349 26-02-2024, 21:40 PM
Last Post: ruben_17non
XZBMW problem with flashing CHAMP2 module (the programming dependencies are not correct) azwgh 17 855 11-02-2024, 19:39 PM
Last Post: azwgh
  Solved // K+DCAN in ISTA Pentheus 7 494 04-02-2024, 20:15 PM
Last Post: user0086
  I3 EME flash failure CodeDoc 0 183 03-02-2024, 13:05 PM
Last Post: CodeDoc